Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Hello!...and Goodbye, Wishlist Wednesdays

Hello Blogosphere!

Oh, how I have missed you.  Sorry I've been MIA (not the rapper).  Things have been crazy busy around here.  Ok, thats not true.  Things have been normal busy.  And yet, even normal busy is too busy for me to post regularly.  Because thats the thing about blogging.  It takes time.  Not only do you have to think up (semi-)coherent blog posts, but you have to sit down at your computer and type them up.  What?!  Ludicrous! (not the rapper)  Why can't I just speak my blog posts to the wind and have them automatically appear on screen in perfect format?  Including pictures? (I'm talking to you, Siri.)   

Well, I'm still looking for that balance, and until I find it, you will be stuck with sporadic posts that may or may not have something to do with anything.  Or nothing to do with something.  Depends on how I'm feeling that day.

Speaking of sporadic, this will also be my last installment of Wishlist Wednesdays (did I just hear a sigh of relief!?)  I will still post about races, since I still spend an inordinate amount of time thinking about racing, but I'll post on whim, rather than only on Wednesdays.  So you may very well be getting a bucket list race post Monday-Friday.  Consider yourself warned.

Wishlist Wednesday: Zooma Annapolis




This race is totally runnable for me.  Its less than an hour from where I live, and its a half-marathon, a distance I am comfortable with.  Its not a challenging, high altitude, crazy elevation-gain, ridiculous mileage race that I tend to think about.  But I'm drawn to it because it geared towards women (though men are welcome too).  I like that.  Becoming a female runner/athlete can seem intimidating, especially if you are just blossoming into athleticism in your 30s/40s.  I like that this race (and other races like it, the Disney Princess Half-Marathon comes to mind) offers a supportive, female-focused race atmosphere.  I've never run in an all-women (mostly women) race, and I think it would be fun.  Plus you get a commemorative necklace!

The Zooma race series hosts half-marathon and 10K races around the country.  Check out their website for a race near you!

Have you ever run a Zooma race?  Or any other race for women?


RAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment