Saturday, August 18, 2012

A Very Belated Thank You

In July I participated in a running care package swap hosted by Eat to Run. Run to Eat.  We were to send approximately $30 worth of our favorite running items to our assigned running buddy.  When I opened my care package I was blown away, not only by all the awesome items I received, but also by how thoughtful the care package was.  It was one of the most thoughtful gifts I have ever received (not including the pearl earrings and pearl necklace my husband gave me.  Keep 'em coming, honey! :)

I feel horrible that I am only now getting around to thanking her for the gift and her thoughtfulness.  But better late than never.  Thank you running care package buddy!

Here is what I received:


ABRA Therapeutic Bath - to help relax and soothe sore muscles (which I will probably use after I finish one of my scary long runs).

Banana Boat Sunblock - absolutely necessary on these hot, sunny days.



Clif Goodies - I've mentioned on my blog that I am a fan of Clif products, so she threw a few into the care package.  These were new flavors for me.  Tried them.  Loved them.  Arsenal expanded.  



Clif Bar - in addition to loving Clif products in general, I also mentioned that I want to run the Endurance Life Coastal Trail Series in England and see those beautiful white cliffs.  Since a trip to Europe is slightly more than $30, she tossed in a few Clif bars for inspiration.  Loved them!

Pink Sport Beans - because I started running when I signed up for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, she included Susan G. Komen sport jelly beans.  Nice touch!

Hershey's Chocolate Bar - because I ran the Hershey Half-Marathon in 2011.  Needless to say, this was devoured by the end of the night.

I also received an issue of Runner's World, an issue of Competitor Magazine, and a pink Halo head band to help absorb and block the sweat that just pours down my face during spin class (and during these long summer runs).  I never even thought to try a sweat band, so I was especially thankful for this!

As you can see, this was an awesome care package.  Thank you running care package buddy!

RAR!


No comments:

Post a Comment