Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Introducing...Wishlist Wednesdays

I spend an inordinate amount of time thinking about races.  I don't think about how well I would do, or if I can even physically complete the race.  I just think about how fun! it would be to run...this one! and this one! and this one!

Seriously, if I could race every weekend, I would.

So I am introducing Wishlist Wednesdays - a Wednesday (duh) meme in which I will post a race that I wish/hope/dream I will run in the future.  Hopefully you will discover a new race that you'd like to run (wanna run it together?!)  And if you have a race on your bucket list, I'd LOVE to hear about it!!

Wishlist Wednesday: Endurance Life Coastal Trail Series - Sussex, United Kingdom




My sister will be studying abroad in the UK next year, so we're already making plans to visit her during one of her breaks.  Naturally, I want to run a race while there.  And after a little research I discovered that I don't want to run just any race.  I want to run the Endurance Life Coastal Trail Series.  From their website:

"The CTS team has carefully selected the most iconic sections of our special British coastline and have put together a seven stage series that represents a wild and varied cross-section of coastal landscapes and terrain. The Series spans nine months from October until May and comprises of 11 challenging stages.
 Each stage is set in a different stunning location, designed to showcase the natural and historic highlights of that area of unique coastline. Each inspiring stage has its own character and throws up a unique set of challenges. What they all have in common is an incredible abundance of natural beauty, breathtaking scenery and unlimited potential to inspire."

You can choose to run just one race (stage), or you can run all eleven.  They also have a variety of distances to appeal to everyone: 10K, Half-Marathon, Marathon and Ultra.

Based on my sister's schedule, the only race I'd be able to run would be the stage in Sussex, held in late March.  Luckily, that is THE stage I would love to do.  The course takes you along the beautiful southern coastline of the UK, with views of the stunning chalk cliffs looking out towards the English Channel.  I have always wanted to see these amazing cliffs.

Coastal Trail Series -- Sussex

Seven Sisters

As soon as I learned about this race, I phoned DJ Research and told him the plan.  He then promptly told me that March is the busiest time of the year for his company and the chances of him getting off are a million in one.  To which I replied, "So you're saying there's a chance."

Kidding.  I knew about the busy season, but in my excitement, I had completely forgotten about it.  Oh well. So, I will not be running CTS next year...but it is now on my wishlist!!

What races are on your wishlist?  

Have you ever run an Endurance Life Coastal Trail race? 



RAR!

8 comments:

  1. I really (reallyreallyreally) want to do this run: http://thecolorrun.com/washington-dc/ and I'm not even a runner. It's sold out this year but maybe next year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It looks like such a fun run! Next year? Let's!!

      Delete
  2. I think pretty much every big race in the states is on my wish list. New York, Marine Corp, Big Sur, Chicago. But I like the small races that I've never heard of too. A 50K and a trail marathon are also on my list!

    And when I did the Yasso 800s on the treadmill, I just kept track of them. I would run a half mile, then watch the clock for my recovery time. Then I would just start the next .5 from wherever my recovery ended. It took a little impromptu adding, but it kind of kept thing interesting! Let me know if you try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm...I am pretty inept at math while standing still, so I'm a bit terrified to try it while running. You'd think a 30+ year old could do basic addition. Not so much. I will let you know if I try it, though.

      Big Sur is definitely on my list!! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  3. Nola Marathon, NYC marathon, Chicago Marathon. I really want to do some fun, travel races:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, Nola Marathon sounds fun! I would totally run NYC if it weren't so darn expensive. I bet it would be quite an experience though!

      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  4. That race in Sussex does sound amazing! I visited England in 2010 and went on a day trip to Dover (northeast of Sussex still on the coast though). It was my favorite day of the trip. I checked out Dover Castle, the World War 2 tunnels below the castle, and walked on the white cliffs. The cliffs really are awesome to see.

    I'm amazed that you haven't seen the Hunger Games movie yet, it is awesome! I'd say the book is a little bit better than the movie, but not by month.
    http://nellyontherun.blogspot.com/2012/03/may-odds-be-ever-in-your-favor.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I haven't seen it either! I guess I have to wait until it comes out on DVD.

      Delete