Friday, March 30, 2012

Thursday Fun Run

This past Thursday, I set out to do a fun run.  I wasn't going to make the same mistake I made on Monday, so I decided I was just going to run for 45 minutes and shoot for covering 5 miles.  At the suggestion of a co-worker, I decided to run in a residential neighborhood near-by, looping around until my 45 minutes were up.  

My co-worker had raved about how nice and quiet this neighborhood was, but he neglected to mention how hilly it was.  Oh my gosh.  For experienced hill runners, I'm sure these inclines were nothing, but to an unassuming novice runner, they were...*gulp*...daunting.

I quickly decided, "Well, guess this is my run today!" and just tackled each hill as they came.  To my surprise, it got easier as I ran, especially when I just put my head down and ran.  Looking up the incline just made it all the more exhausting, so I just looked straight ahead and focused putting one foot in front of the other.  I think I was running an 11:00ish pace uphill.  By the time I was running on flat surface again, I was holding a 8:30ish pace, which for me was flying!  

It was a great work out, and I can't wait to do it again.  I just wish the Hubs were running these hills with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment