Saturday, September 15, 2012

10 questions

The ladies over at Another Mother Runner recently posted 10 questions about running, and they asked all their blogging-BAMR friends to do the same.  I consider myself a BAMR (Bad Ass Mother Runner - I need to get a shirt!!)...so here goes...


1.  Best run ever:  My 4th of July run this year.  We were vacationing on Cape Cod (the first time I'd ever been there), Nugget and the DJ were both down for a nap, and I had license to run free.  I ran 10 miles on a local bike trail and felt like I was flying the whole way.  I'm pretty sure I had a silly grin on my face the whole time.  It was awesome.

2. Three words that describe my running:  Has. To. Happen.

3. My go-to running outfit:  My Nike Dry Max Shirt.  Black Target running skirt.  Light blue Pro Compression socks.  Waistpack (its still 1980, right?)  And Garmin watch (of course).

I didn't say my outfit would match.

4. Quirky habit while running: Inserting myself into the conversations of random runners I happen upon during my runs.  This is not a habit I am proud of.  But I get lonely out there, and well, since the endorphins are pumping, I just want to talk.  If you happen to be one of the random runners I start chatting to, I apologize in advance.  I'm just trying to be friendly (in my awkward sort of way).

5. Morning, midday, evening:  During the week, midday.  On weekends, in the morning.  I'd love to run in the mornings on weekdays too, but that requires starting out when its still dark, and I HATE running alone in the dark.  On the weekends, I wait until the sun is starting to peek its light above the horizon before heading out, but that start time is too late for me on the weekdays.

6. I won't run outside when: Its really icy or theres a thunderstorm/snowstorm.

7. Worst injury-and how I got over it:  Peroneal tendonitis.  Lots of foam rolling on my calf, ice on my foot, and elevating my leg.  I also wore compression socks all. the. time.  I did a lot of cross-training while injured (mostly on the bike).

8. I felt most like a BAMR when: I ran 20 miles in just under a 10:00 m/m pace (9:56 to be exact).  This was the first time I had run 20 miles, and since I tend to hover in the low 10-minute pace on my long runs, I was surprised that I had run my longest distance to date at a faster pace than usual.

9. Next race is: Richmond Marathon!

10. Potential running goal for 2013:  Run a 50K.  And depending on how well my marathon goes, try to qualify for Boston.


Whether you are a BAMR or not, I'd love to hear your answers to the above questions!!



RAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment