1. Best run ever: My 4th of July run this year. We were vacationing on Cape Cod (the first time I'd ever been there), Nugget and the DJ were both down for a nap, and I had license to run free. I ran 10 miles on a local bike trail and felt like I was flying the whole way. I'm pretty sure I had a silly grin on my face the whole time. It was awesome.
2. Three words that describe my running: Has. To. Happen.
3. My go-to running outfit: My Nike Dry Max Shirt. Black Target running skirt. Light blue Pro Compression socks. Waistpack (its still 1980, right?) And Garmin watch (of course).
|I didn't say my outfit would match.|
4. Quirky habit while running: Inserting myself into the conversations of random runners I happen upon during my runs. This is not a habit I am proud of. But I get lonely out there, and well, since the endorphins are pumping, I just want to talk. If you happen to be one of the random runners I start chatting to, I apologize in advance. I'm just trying to be friendly (in my awkward sort of way).
5. Morning, midday, evening: During the week, midday. On weekends, in the morning. I'd love to run in the mornings on weekdays too, but that requires starting out when its still dark, and I HATE running alone in the dark. On the weekends, I wait until the sun is starting to peek its light above the horizon before heading out, but that start time is too late for me on the weekdays.
6. I won't run outside when: Its really icy or theres a thunderstorm/snowstorm.
7. Worst injury-and how I got over it: Peroneal tendonitis. Lots of foam rolling on my calf, ice on my foot, and elevating my leg. I also wore compression socks all. the. time. I did a lot of cross-training while injured (mostly on the bike).
8. I felt most like a BAMR when: I ran 20 miles in just under a 10:00 m/m pace (9:56 to be exact). This was the first time I had run 20 miles, and since I tend to hover in the low 10-minute pace on my long runs, I was surprised that I had run my longest distance to date at a faster pace than usual.
9. Next race is: Richmond Marathon!
10. Potential running goal for 2013: Run a 50K. And depending on how well my marathon goes, try to qualify for Boston.
Whether you are a BAMR or not, I'd love to hear your answers to the above questions!!