Thursday, May 10, 2012

Running to Recovery 2

DJ Research is pacing behind me, reminding me that I need to go to sleep because we have a big weekend ahead, so I'm going to make this post short and sweet.

I ran 10 miles tonight to assess how my foot would perform on the run, and how it would recover.  I am happy to report that I felt GREAT.  My pace was slower than I had hoped, but baby steps.  I'm just happy that I didn't keel over at mile 5.  Upon returning home, I immediately had my chocolate milk, stretched (I know there are opposing views on this issue, but I gotta say, post-run stretching works for me), jumped on the foam roller (ok, not literally), and then iced and elevated.  Right now my foot feels great.  We'll see what happens in the morning.

I will be doing short runs for the next week--nothing over 5 miles--and also some spinning, in preparation for my half marathon on the 20th.  YES!  I'm so happy I will be able to run this race!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment