Sunday, November 25, 2012

Celebrating 26.2

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.  We definitely did.

We drove a few hours north to spend the holiday with family, which was awesome (both the drive and the family.  Thankfully, Nugget does well on car rides). There was lots of food. And I was introduced to this desert:

Pumpkin Pie & Eton Mess

No, not the pumpkin pie.  The Eaton Mess.  Holy kamoly.  Heaven on earth.  Even though its a British dessert, it is now part of our family's Thanksgiving menu.

We also went bowling.  Nugget had a blast and practically OD'd on popcorn.



When we got back home, I found this waiting for me:



I'd been contemplating how I would commemorate finishing a marathon.  High on the list was getting a tattoo.  But I realized I'm not quite ready to make that commitment.  Maybe after I run a 50-miler.

I opted for jewelry instead.  I first learned about Erica Sara Designs from a giveaway on NYC Running Mama's blog.  I didn't win, but I liked Erica's work so much that I bought my sister a necklace for her 30th birthday.  She loved it.

Sample of the necklace I got my sister

And while I did browse the internet for other running jewelry options, I didn't find anything quite like the bold yet feminine pieces that Erica Sara creates.  Her jewelry is also customizable, so you can create a piece that expresses who you are as a runner/athlete/woman (she does more than just race bling!)

Sample of the necklace I got

If you're looking for a way to commemorate a big racing achievement, or if you've got a special runner girl in your life, or if you just want to treat yourself or someone you love, check out Erica Sara Designs.  Plus, Erica is donating a portion of all proceeds from race jewelry sales to Hurricane Sandy relief efforts.

I love, LOVE my necklace.  Its the perfect way to commemorate my first marathon season.  And it sure beats wearing my race medals to work.




How do you celebrate when you finish a big race?

Do you have a running tattoo?  Or thinking of getting one yourself?  I think I want one but still looking for that perfect design.

Did you enjoy your Thanksgiving?  Did you travel or stay close to home?

Have you ever had Eton Mess?  Amazing, right?!


[I did not receive a free necklace nor was I compensated for this review.  I purchased an Erica Sara necklace for myself and wanted to share my thoughts on the beautiful piece.]


RAR!









No comments:

Post a Comment