Wednesday, November 7, 2012

That's Funny!

This month I'm participating in the Give Thanks Challenge, hosted by Abby at Back at Square Zero.  And though I didn't post yesterday, I swear that I was thankful.  I was also really, really tired.  Was it all the election hullabaloo?  Probably  not.  Whatever it was, I was zapped and just zonked out right after dinner.  When I awoke this morning, I was thankful that:

The Election was over!

And now back to our regularly scheduled lives...

Speaking of television (because we were - did you not know that?), I must say that I am thankful for a few tv shows that make me laugh, and sometimes cry, and generally help me keep my sanity.  Though I don't have time to watch these shows regularly (and therefore, tend to binge watch into the wee hours every few months), I'm a fan of Parks & Recreation, Modern Family, The Office, Parenthood, and Suits.  I've also enjoyed a few episodes of the Mindy Project.

But tonight I tried something different - a Hulu exclusive series called Spy.  Have you seen it?  Its absolutely ridiculous.  So not funny that its hilarious.  I couldn't stop laughing.  Something must be wrong with me.  




So what am I thankful for?  Today I'm thankful for idiots comedy.  With the cold setting in and darkness descending before I even leave work, its easy to feel a little down and out these days.  As they say, laughter is the best medicine, and I thankful for silly humor that gets my giggling.

And then of course, there's this gem.  I still watch this with a silly grin on my face (and DJ Research can't understand why :)




I can't believe I'm running a marathon in 3 days!  No, really, I can't believe it.  I completely forgot about it until tonight.  Have to pack!



What makes you laugh?

Do you have any favorite tv shows?  

What are you thankful for today?  Share it below or on Twitter!  Don't forget to tag @backatsquare0 and @ama_runs, and use the hashtag #givethanks!

RAR!

1 comment:

  1. Is this your first marathon? I can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete